Monday just dooting...

Dooting, (rhymes with booting) is Gregs term for doing what ever you want. It comes in handy for lots of things...I am dooting on the computer now!
His other favorite term is DOGOMAR. Which translates to "don't go to the market." Thats a chef term I guess. The girls and I know we will be having dinner out of whatever he can find in the kitchen. Never any complaints from his meals, he can make a can of creamed corn taste good. 


Yesterday, Greg cooked paella for Chef Charlie at this fundraising event that was held at Templeton Park.


Sunday, June 5, 2011

Join the Pinot Noir Producers of Paso Robles and 20 great chefs for an afternoon of great wine, creative Paella dishes, and dance to the live Latin guitar world fusion beats of Incendio. Sunday, June 5, 2011. Mingle with the winemakers and discover how the sense of place is reflected in each glass of their Pinot Noir. Visit each of the 20 chefs and taste the wonderful flavors of their talent to create a unique Paella to pair with the local Pinot Noirs. Find out why Paso Robles is legendary for its friendliness. Breathe in the aromas of the Paellas simmering in the pans, and taste why leading food magazines identify this area as a great place for wonderful cuisine made with locally grown and farm fresh ingredients.

After the event we hung out with our friends Maegan Loring , her wild boar paella was voted #1 at the event and our very winey friend Eric Fister. . It was great catching up with Maegan. She has a new restaurant "The Neon Carrot". www.theneoncarrot.com 
I am embarrassed to say I have not been to The Neon Carrot. I am going to take care of that this week.

She is so funny and full of life. We drank lovely Windward Pinot Noir Rose wine and chatted about the restaurant business. She asked me if I missed it and I didn't immediately say NO! That was weird because for the last 4 years I have had myself convinced I didn't. Miss it, that is. Funny what time does...We talked about so many things. Getting older. Getting wiser. Being happy about who you are and how you look. And mostly we talked about what wonderful husbands we have. She and I feel so much the same about our men, and we know how lucky we are to have such great lives with them.

The after party was held at Windward Vineyard.I had never been to Marc and Magggie Goldbergs winery, even though we sold their Pinots for years at 1865. The wines are stellar and the tasting room is great! Below is the winery information. I highly recommend taking a drive to their spot!



Tasting Room

Open Daily
10:30am - 5:00pm

P:
 805.239.2565
F: 805.239.4005
info@windwardvineyard.com

1380 Live Oak Road
Paso Robles
CA, 93446

No comments:

Post a Comment