Catching up

have been M.I.A. for a couple of days. Just been busy with life. I spent the day before yesterday spraying, yep the dreadful spraying, yellow star thistle. An abnoxious weed that if not managed will take over everything you own...and more. Because of my lack of knowledge around weeds, pasture and manure management, water erosion etc. I have become a stakeholder in the pilot program  Livestock and Land.www.livestockandland.org
The program was created by Ecology Action.www.ecoact.org
The program aims to achieve immediate and lasting water quality and watershed improvements by educating livestock owners on Best Management Practices (BMPs). The educational opportunities are conveyed via workshops, technical trainings and demonstration projects. By raising the awareness in the community we will achieve the cultural changes necessary for healthy livestock and watershed management. I am hoping to become a demonstration site for this program. In the mean time I will be spreading the word and trying to help educate small ranch and farm people in the never ending poop and mud issues we all have with our beloved large animals.

My passion is horses. I have 3. Bambi, Seymour and Smooch! Between the flys, poop, and erosion issues these friends of mine create..I am hoping to learn how to make their homes a better place for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment