Change is Good.

There have been many changes since my last posting.

I originally got into blogging because of dear friend Tiny....During my hiatus Tiny passed away from the most dreadful disease  ever...CANCER.  There are no words to express how much I miss her. 


I decided to re-start my blogging for her (I know she would love it) and to remind me of how well my life is going, what I am doing now, and most importantly what I have done. This aging thing depletes the memory. It seems that blogging will keep me fresh or if nothing else let me create some room in my brain for new information. 


Let's get up to speed-


Hillbilly Haven is how we refer to our home. It is a delightful ranchette located in Corbett Canyon. A giant horse barn with workshop, 3 pastures, a 3 bedroom 2 bath ranch style house with 3 fireplaces  and a granny unit complete our place.





Maddy is attending San Diego State University SDSU  and thriving. She is majoring in International Business and after some soul searching has decided she actually enjoys the challenge. Her first year is being spent in the dorms, more specifically Maya Hall. She is in the honors program and a couple clubs. She has made some very good friends and plans on moving into a new apartment complex for the school year 2014/2015. BLVD 63 are luxury apartments very close to the campus with lots of amenities. Looks good to me.


Izzy is a junior at San Luis Obispo High School concentrating on her grades and in the process of finding Colleges she is interested in attending. She works at WCEBS. A horse boarding facility right around the corner. She has her horse Bambi and enjoys all the wonderful things horses bring to her life. 

Daddy is the warehouse manager for J&L Wines out of Paso Robles. I am working for a new cheese shop in downtown San Luis Obispo Fromagerie Sophie and for Monique Carlton as her social media director. Another reason I started blogging again. I am doing her blog and thought they would go together like tea and honey!

This is the last weekend before my annual volunteering stint at the largest fundraiser for the San Luis Obispo County Womens Shelter. The last 16 years the girls and I have been participating in Phyllis' Musical Review 2014-Strike a Pose held at the Madonna Inn. The girls model in the show and I am a stage hand-Stage right to be exact and get the pleasure of lining up the acts and getting them out on stage in the right sequence and on time. Sounds easy, yes...but the job does have its challenges. Judy Darway is stage left and her and I have a blast for the 4 shows that this year are March7 and 8. We have a memorial table on Friday night in my mother Rosemary's memory and invite our friends to come party with us and support the Shelter. 


Tickets are still available



3 comments: